Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Beautiful Flight Paths of Fireflies

The Beautiful Flight Paths of Fireflies | Arts & Culture | Smithsonian


I found these wonderful photos in Smithsonian Magazine. Fireflies/Lightening Bugs are such a fascinating natural phenomenon. I don't live in a climate that is conducive to a firefly habitat, so I consider them very special. I remember, as a child in Pennsylvania, spending my summer nights chasing these glowing creatures. The amazing photos in this article were taken by Japanese photographer, Tsuneaki Hiramatsu. He shot a series of eight-second exposures, then digitally merged the images, creating connect-the-dot photos of the fireflies’ flight paths. Apparently Hiramatsu is an amateur photographer, but this is so impressive, I think it's time for him to quit his day job.

Click on the link above to see a full collection of these magical photographs.



No comments:

Post a Comment