Monday, January 13, 2014

How Great Thou Art by World Outreach Worship featuring StikYard




How Great Thou Art by World Outreach Worship featuring Stikyard


This video is a wonderful, modern, rhythmic rendition of the classic hymn, How Great Thou Art. The passionate performance is brilliantly displayed by World Outreach Worship and features the moving percussion of Stikyard. The website of Stikyard.com describes their sound as "a spirited fusion of sound and instruments, both modern and traditional." These "percussionists in motion" are stirring and mesmerizing. Although the other musicians and vocalists in this performance are excellent, the percussionists steal the show. I love the synchronicity of the drummers and other percussionists. The massive drums are a perfect fit for this very powerful song.

When the soloist sings the refrain:
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee;
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
Chills go up my spine, while my spirits soar. I should use this as my alarm clock each morning, since I'm sure it would get me out of bed. This beautiful work of art is definitely the greatest thing in the world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment